and it takes only 20 minutes to prepare!
One thing that majorly takes a backseat when you become parents... date night!
We really try to make these a priority and are big fans of cooking at home, lighting some candles and having a couple of glasses of wine- the perfect way to switch off.
We love it when we find a recipe that's easy to make and totally delicious. This recipe from Claire Fyfe is one of our favourites, she shares the full details with us below
Chicken piccata pasta- A simple, classic and perfect for a cosy date night
1 chicken breast
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp dry white wine
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
120g dried linguine
Salt & pepper
Parmesan to finish
1. Slice the chicken in half and flatten it out, between two sheets of cling film, with a rolling pin.
2. Add the oil and butter to a pan and fry the breasts off for a few minutes on each side, until lovely and golden. Set aside on a warm plate.
3. Using the same frying pan add the garlic and capers then after a minute or so add the wine and increase the heat until the alcohol has burnt off.
4. Cook the pasta as per the instructions, but remember to leave a little bite in it.
Add the pasta to the sauce, along with a ladle of starchy water. Cook for a few minutes until it thickens and becomes lovely and glossy.
5. Finish with parmesan and parsley and plate up, topped with the chicken breast and extra sauce